sâmbătă, 24 noiembrie 2012

Why do you wail o forest trees ...

Zamislire a aceluiasi ghes, sa-i facem si pe altii sa cunoasca, sa profite, sa iubeasca frumusetea poeziei romanesti.
"Ce te legeni"- Mihai Eminescu varianta in Engleza. 

Why do you wail o forest trees ... 

                                   Mihai Eminescu 
 

why  do you wail
"Why do you wail o forest trees,
Forest, without rain or breeze,
Your branches ill at ease ?"

"How indeed should I not wail
When the hours of summer fail !
Nights grow longer, days get short,
On my branches few leaves caught,
And the winds with bitter sword
Drive my choristers abroad;
Autumn winds that forests flay,
Winter near, spring far away.
How indeed should I not groan
When my singing birds have flown,
And across the frozen sky
Flocks of swallows hurry by,
And with them my fancies fly
Leaving me alone to sigh;
Hurly on as time in flight
Turning day half into night,
Time that o'er the forest rings
With a fluttering of wings...
And they pass and leave me cold,
Nude and shivering and old;
For my thoughts with them have flown,
And with them my gladness gone !"


(Translated by Corneliu M. Popescu)
Graphics Serghiescu Adriana, clasa a V-a
 

Niciun comentariu:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...